Compassion International (and Other Fall Mission Fest Info)
Submitted by Jennifer Power
I have been a Compassion International Sponsor for about 15 years. My family and I currently sponsor three children through this organization which seeks to release children from poverty and introduce them to the love of Jesus. I love this organization, and am excited about having a Compassion table at our SHiNe Fall Mission Fest this Friday, October 30th from 6:00-8:00pm.
I want to ask you to begin praying about whether or not your family could support a child through Compassion International and give you the opportunity to go ahead and do your research on Compassion before coming to the Mission Fest. On Friday, we will have photographs and information on children available to sponsor, and it is my prayer our church will make sure no children are left unsponsored at the table that evening.
It is our responsibility as the body of Christ to care for the poor – especially those who cannot help themselves. God has not given us so much so that we can simply keep and enjoy it – He gives lavishly and expects us to give lavishly. It is a witness to unbelievers when we show radical love and care for our neighbors – both near and far.
So this is my request, that you consider and pray about making a commitment to change the life of a child through sponsorship with Compassion International. One of our St. Paul’s families who has a heart for this organization will be at the Compassion table this Friday, and I encourage you to stop by, talk with them, and consider your own involvement.
Other Mission Fest Info
Here are just a few other updates on the SHiNe Fall Mission Fest:
- PHOTO OPPORTUNITY – Ashley Clauss (Bluebird Photography) will be taking pictures of children and families in costume from 6:00-7:00pm and will send you a FREE digital copy of your photo.
- COSTUME CONTEST – There will be a costume contest with the following categories: Most Creative, Funniest, & Best Family-Themed) Winners will be announced at 7:30pm.
- TODDLER PLAY AREA – There will be a contained toddler play area for families with young children (no older children please unless they are helping a younger child).
- SILENT AUCTION – All silent auction proceeds will benefit the mission groups represented.
CASH OR CHECKS ONLY PLEASE for the Silent Auction
- Items for Operation Christmas Child Shoe boxes (so we can pack boxes together on Friday night)
- Winter Clothes (New or used: clean and in good repair) for Syrian Refugees (Sponsored by SPL Youth)
Looking forward to it! Hope to see you there!