It’s time to go on a SERVING safari!
Join a Serve Team for this year’s Vacation Bible School at SPL
Did you know there are several ways you can get connected and serve along with SPL Kids for ROAR VBS 2019? Take a look at one of the many places you can use your gifts and bless the next generation right here in our community during the week of June 10-14 at SPL.
Serving Positions available for June 10th-14th
• Crew Leader (leading a small group of 10-12 elementary children from station to station)
• Preschool Crew Leader (leading a small group of 8-10 preschoolers from station to station)
• 3’s Team (helping lead the room of 3 year olds in a modified program)
• Nursery Team (caring for infants and toddlers of VBS volunteers)
• Snack Team (helping prepare and serve VBS snacks)
• Preschool Crafts (helping preschools with their crafts)
• Imagination Station (helping with the interactive elementary station)
• Check-In/Check-Out (helping kids check-in and parents check them out each day)
• Bible Adventures Team (helping the Bible station leader)
How do these positions help?
Crew Leaders and Preschool Crew Leaders: These leaders are important for building relationships, engaging the kids at each station, leading them safely through the building, and enjoying what they’re learning together. It is so important to have a confident and older helper in each of these crews. Currently, we need 10 more adult crew leaders to provide a safe environment for all children involved.
Bible Adventure Assistants: This position helps bring the Bible to life as kids experience hands-on learning and help them think about how it impacts their own lives. Bible Adventure is led by Gene Mueller. We are looking for 2-3 more assistants.
Nursery Team: These leaders are so vital to the team, allowing those with little ones to serve in other areas.
Here you have an opportunity to share the love of Christ with the infants and toddlers entrusted to our care! We are looking for 3-4 more nursery team members.
Snack Team: This team is resposible for efficiently having snack ready for 300 hungry kids on time every day. This is a great chance to build relationships as a team. Good fit for those less confident working directly with kids. This crew is led by Nancy McGlade.
Check-in/Check-out: This team is helpful in assisting guests to quickly find where they need to go in the morning and keeping everyone safe by checking ID’s for those picking up kids at the end of VBS each day.
If you are ready and able to jump into one of these needed roles, please contact Jennifer Power at 217-423-6955.
What else can I do to help?
• Sign up for the VBS Prayer Team (via the VBS Serve Team registration form)
• Sign up for the VBS Set Up or Clean Up Team (via the VBS Serve Team registration form)
o SET UP: Sunday, June 9th (12:00pm-6:00pm, as available)
o CLEAN UP: Friday, June 14th 12:00-2:00pm and/or Sunday, June 16th 12:00-1:00pm)
• Join us for Wednesday morning (9:00am-12:00pm) or evening (6:00-7:30pm) VBS Prep Times (through June 5th)
• Purchase an item from the VBS display board
• Watch for emails about take-home projects which can be completed at home
What can I lift up in prayer for VBS?
• God’s love expressed & received by those who enter into SPL during VBS
• Protection of all involved in VBS
• Provision for all the adult leaders needed
• Strengthening of community for all involved
• That the children sense their importance to us and the Kingdom all week long
• That God will provide for all our needs according to His good plan
Have questions or need more information? Connect with Jennifer Power, Director of Children’s Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-423-6955.