Step In to Serve with our Family Ministry Team in our Nursery!
SPL Kids is seeking our next Nursery Coordinator to lead our SPL Kids Nursery Team!
At the end of this August, our current Coordinator, Suzanne Minton, will step into retirement from this position. We are so thankful for her service and for all the ways she has provided blessing and care for children of our congregation and has led our team of Nursery staff.
Do you have a love for God’s children? We’d love for you to consider stepping in to serve as our next Nursery Coordinator! Check out all of the details of the position listed below. This is a part-time, paid position.
You are encouraged to apply by completing an Application and submitting it along with your resume and references to the Church Office by JULY 9TH.
Questions? Contact Kristin Harman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-423-6955.
Under the guidance of pastoral and family ministry leadership, the Nursery Coordinator will have primary responsibility for coordinating and providing age-appropriate care and faith development for children (6 weeks – 4 years of age) utilizing the nursery, partnership with nursery families, and supervision and development for nursery volunteers and paid nursery staff. This is a part-time position, requiring 10-12 hours weekly, however flexibility is necessary to accommodate special events. This person will serve and support this area of ministry and partner with other ministry staff, in concert with the purpose, core values, and vision of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church.
Nursery Coordinator reports to the Director of Children’s Ministry, with responsibility to the Associate Pastor Youth & Family Ministry and Board of Elders.
The Nursery Coordinator will:
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
• Perform all duties in accord with the mission of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and the vision of the pastors and leadership team.
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Demonstrate leadership and supervisory skills, organization and planning skills, reliability, and the ability to interact well with children, parents, volunteers, and paid nursery staff.
• Complete CPR/First Aid training for infants and children, complete and pass a standard background check, and complete Mandatory Reporter Training (every three years).
• Demonstrate experience in a childcare setting and/or completion of Early Childhood Education classes (preferred), and a love for children.
• Be a member of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church (preferred).
In accord with the vision of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, the Nursery Coordinator will:
• Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise volunteers and paid staff to serve in the nursery during Saturday night services, Sunday morning services, at designated times during the week, and for special events as requested; ensure a safe environment for employees and children.
• Oversee nursery functions, including preparation and completion of nursery Bible times, appropriate scheduling of nursery volunteers and paid staff and management of schedule changes to ensure proper coverage, maintenance of a sanitary and organized nursery environment, and other needs as designated by the Director of Children’s Ministry.
• Be present in the nursery at least 50-75% of the time it is open as outlined by Director of Children’s Ministry, including a minimum of 2 to 3 weekends, and Wednesday evenings during designated class or worship times.
• Demonstrate a positive and friendly attitude and cultivate a caring nursery environment for the parents and children of SPL as well as nursery volunteers and paid staff, reflecting Christ’s love to all who enter the nursery.
• Assist in the planning and leadership of nursery training and meetings, work cooperatively with the family ministry team in the planning of programming and support for children and parents.
• Pray for the children, parents, volunteers, and paid staff who are connected to the nursery.
• Regularly report any needs (staff, supply, or personal) and concerns to the Director of Children’s Ministry and maintain clear and consistent verbal and written communication.